Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Winter is coming back....

Morning all,

So it's the end of March right??? So why are the weathermen all forcasting 6 to 12 inches of snow for Friday?  I am done with winter.  My crocusses are all budding.  It's been fun to watch my yard this spring because as some of you know we just moved into our new home at the end of August.  We have no idea what is planted and where it's planted.  Sor far we have crocusses and we have other things starting.  They look like they may be some daffodils and some tulips.  I am full of anticipation.  I have my little notebook already to write down but blooms and where so I can plant more or move things around.  :)   I want to trim back some bushes for sure.  Two of them are about to start covering up the front bedroom windows and I don't want that.  We may even pull them out and plant some new ones. 

My family has (knock on wood) spent a whole week without one of us being sick.  I hope I don't jinx our good fortune.  LOL  I have been sick on and off since the week between Christmas and New Years.  It has been a good feeling the last week and I want it to continue.  I still have the darn cough still lingering but even that is getting better.

I am very proud of myself today.  Last night I completely cleaned my scrapdesk and surrounding flat surfaces.  I think this weekend I will make my husband believe it's his idea to go to Ikea.  I love this store, but I think he loves it even more.  It probably won't be hard to persuade him to think he suggested going there.  I just know that I need a place to store my ever growing stash of punches.  (Mostly Martha Stewart punches)  I am addicted to them.  I cleaned because I want to start a whole new project and I never start a new project without putting EVERYTHING away first.   Are any of you like that?

So I usually do a Thankful Thursday (when I do one) but I never know when I will be back so I am going to do it today.  Here goes:

I am thankful for:

1.  Feeling healthy again,
2.  Having my scrap area clean and ready to create again,
3.  Having good friends
4.  Being loved by my family who have been my rocks through the last few months.

What are you thankful for???

Talk to you all soon,  Pam

2 comments:

  1. Yes, Pam, I have to have everything clean before I begin. Maybe that is why I have done so little lately!
    Love the concept of you making Tom believe that he came up with the Ikea idea. Wish there was one nearer to us. It would probably lead to a depleted bank account, though!
    So glad that you have had a week of well, but so sorry about the S word. Might lead to a few other S words, huh? We had a forecast for a wintry mix on friday. I would prefer a spring mix, Thank you!
    I am thankful for my little house, the wood crackling in the wood stove, and for my sweet little girl singing and talking to her dolls in the other room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ikea, I love Ikea. Wish I had one here.

    ReplyDelete