Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Well, Here I am at the start of a new blog.  Not only new but my first.  I know, I am behind the times right?  I have started this blog because there are so many new things going on in my world that I just decided it was time so that I didn't  have to tell family and friends one by one what was happening.  First and formost this is the year that I want to join a design team with my papercrafting.  I don't know if that means, scrapbooking, cardmaking or whatever making that is but I want to be able to share all of that with you.

The new year brought on a lot of changes.  I came to work yesterday January 3rd to find out that I had no job.  My co-worker and I have spent the last ten years of our lives together on a daily basis and now in two weeks that will be over.  We work in insurance and our agency has been sold.  Amongst the tears that were shed, and the moments of anxiety, that had me breathing into a paperbag for a few minutes, I picked up the phone and called the agency that bought us out and I am happy to report that I WON'T be signing up for unemployment benefits anytime soon.  So the first thing I did was buy a scrapbooking kit from Laura Denison from Following the Paper Trail.  LOL  Most people wouldn't get this but Laura does,  Papercrafting makes me sane.   Or as sane as I will ever be. 

I will be back soon to make my blog all pretty and start my real posting, not only of words but of projects that I am working on.  Hope you come back to see me.

Pam

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the wonderful and addicting world of blogging :)
    I am you first follower, yeah!!!!
    I am looking forward to hearing what you have to say and seeing what you are creating.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to be your second follower. As my kids always say, "First is the worst, second is the best, third is the one with the hairy chest."
    Sorry Tracy! ;-)
    So glad you are able to pick yourself up by the bootstraps... or perhaps bra straps and move on, Pam. It sure is not easy.
    The photos of your work are so nice with the great neutral backgrounds to let them shine. You have great talent... and I have been the recipient so many lucky times!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pam, some design team would be very lucky to have you! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your creations!!!

    ReplyDelete